Monday, November 17, 2008

#23, or The End

Wow, sometimes I thought I'd never get here. Now, there are other people at my branch that're way behind me. I went back and read some of my older posts, and I have to say, if this program had been done for a grade, I think I'da failed. Negativity set in right at the second post. I eventually got back onto the upside of the program, but to be frank, I'm not sure how much good I'll take away from here. I thought that I might start utilizing an RSS reader, but I promptly forgot about the existence of the thing and went back to surfing directly to my news sites. I appreciated learning about things like Twitter and Wiki's, but again, I don't think they'll ever obtain a permanent seat in my life at the moment. Of all the 23 things, I've not adopted anything new into my routines. The strongest thing that I'll take out of this is the experience of doing everything, which if I pursue my career through CML, may someday prove to've served well. May that day come with joy and lightness.
In response this program overall, I think is a good thing that CML offered. I think it could've been done in a slightly more organized fashionL: the blog could've been plotted out in advance to try to avoid some of the launching wrinkles that were encountered, and I think a better job could've been done testing links and verifying information before diseminating it to general staff. If resources were available to dedicate to offering at least open labs if not whole presentations for the differen things, I believe that would've been a great tool for learning. I would've liked a clearer tool for sharing your blog, finding an audience for your voice, but perhaps it's my own fault that I never did find such a thing with my reluctance to participate in things such as Twitter, and my online bashfulnes over linking to people I work with. I would endeavour to participate in any future discovery exercises, though I must say, the incentives were quite enticing.
This is Brian, signing off.
-Brian Franz

No comments: